Friendly Nations Permanent Residency in Panama
Many of you have wondered what are the details on the Friendly Nations Visa in Panama, in fact, many do not have any idea that this opportunity of moving to Panama with a very low investment exists.
What is the Friendly Nations Visa in Panama?
It provides a Permanent Residency in Panama with the right of having a Panamanian Cedula (ID), as well as a Permanent Work Permit. The Work Permit is a separate process that is made after the approval of the Visa. The duration of the process is of approx. 2 to 3 months, however, there are always diverse situations that can delay a process, this is why we always attempt to file the documents with all the documentation reviewed and complete.
Who can apply to the Friendly Nations Visa in Panama?
Only the nationals of the following countries can apply:
Germany, Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canadá, Chile, Chipre, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Spain, United States, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lituania, Luxemburgo, Malta, México, Mónaco, Norway, New Zealand, Paraguay, Holland, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, South Korea, Montenegro, Servia, República de Marino, Singapur, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwán and Uruguay.
If you are not a national of any of these countries you can still evaluate applying for other Residencies such as Professional Foreigner Residency, that is allowed for ANY country, as long as you have a Diploma from a University of a career that is not limited to Panamanians only. Please take a look at our blogs for other Visas too.
If you have identified you can apply and are interested then you should know you will need to fulfill the following main requirements:
1. Have a personal Bank account with no less than five thousand dollars (US$5,000.00). (We assist on opening bank accounts in a short period of time)
2. Have the police records apostilled or legalized.
3. Have a work contract or if you do not have one, register a company that will reflect you are a Director. (The company can be used for multiple parties)
4. You will have to be in Panama for the registration in Immigration. (You can travel back to your country while the documents are in process)
This Residency allows dependents, so you can include your children, spouse and parents.
You can have more information about corporations, bank account opening, work permit, dependents and other Visa options in our page.
If you have an Italian passport, you can apply to the Panama-Italy Visa, which provides the same benefits, however the expenses are lower since there is no need to pay the repatriation deposit of US$800.00.
If you already have the documents, what are the following steps to apply to the Friendly Nations Visa?
– A trip to Panama is coordinated in order to proceed with the registration in Immigration. Once in Panama you also proceed with the completion of all the forms provided. You can return to your country while the documents are in process and return once your Visa is approved.
Is it necessary for you to travel with all the documentation ready?
– It is recommended, however, you have the option of travelling to Panama to evaluate the possibilities if you want and proceed with the registration in Immigration. Te rest of the documents can be sent afterwards and filing the documents once you send them after your travel can also be coordinated.
Please leave your comment if you have any questions or experience you would like to share.
You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for further inquiries or if you are interested in obtaining a Permanent Residency in Panama.